Thread: 24H Series
View Single Post
Old 4 Mar 2018, 19:16 (Ref:3805761)   #51
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by B0U170NS View Post
So the Silverstone 12 and 24 hours is now under a week away. Have to say from looking at the entries, which I think are 23 and 19 cars respectively, I am disappointed there aren't more, particularly for the 12 hours. I thought there would be at least 30, 40 or 50 entries, but perhaps Silverstone in March is too early!

Having looked at the schedule, apparently on the Saturday both the 12h and 24h cars will be on the track together. But when the 12h cars finish their race how will they get back safely to pit lane whilst the 24h cars are still racing. Normally when a race finishes cars slow down dramatically, but this surely can't be allowed.
If the protos and GTs turn off right after pit lane exit, then it will work just fine.

Creventic is known for their weird scheduling, and I thought the 24 hours of COTA was the strangest one yet. But I liked that since we got more daylight racing.

I checked the schedule for Silverstone it works like this:

P/GT: 5 hours Friday
Everybody: first 7 hours on Saturday

Then P/GT finish and the TC's go on for the remaining 17 hours. I'll watch the 12 hour race for sure. No interest in TCE.