View Single Post
Old 26 Dec 2005, 09:37 (Ref:1490129)   #10
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Many thanks, Marcus; we already have permission from that website (but thanks, again) to use their updates on Andrew and it's pretty clear from previous messages that Andrew and Sue are also happy for us to do so, so I am quoting their message in full, here:-

Christmas 2005

Hi there everyone, just a quick update on the news from the Spence household.

Andrew had a review appointment at our local hospital last week and the x-rays confirmed that his bones, in particular his back, are healing well. He is very pleased to be able to stop wearing the spinal brace most of the time, he will still need to wear for moving from bed to chair to avoid sudden movements like falling backwards or forwards, good job he’ll be doing all his drinking lying down!

Andrew continues to improve and can now move his legs and feet, but still unable to do much with the movement. Sensation is normalising but he tends to still get ‘fireworks’ in his feet. Spending more time in the wheelchair can now tolerate 1½ hrs.

Hoping to get to our friends in the village for a drink over the holiday, uphill for me pushing there with wheelchair but once I’ve had a few we can freewheel all the way back!

Spending our Christmas at home and looking forward to our adapted party games ‘move the body part’ and ‘pass the pee pot’

Well, we hope you all have a great time at Christmas, and we will raise a glass to wish you a happy and healthy 2006. Look forward to getting to a race meeting in the New Year to see you all.

Lots of love,
Sue and Andrew xxxx

Very pleasing to know that good progress continues to be made and with good humour, in a what must be difficult and uncomfortable circumstances!