View Single Post
Old 21 Dec 2009, 17:08 (Ref:2603279)   #80
Peter Cammish
Rookie

Peter Cammish should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kevin, I think the circuit rookie is my point as in UK FF the top guys test a lot and the better drivers learn the circuits fast so the circuit knowledge is not a huge thing, also the car development is very limited so test days do become a bit of a pounding round session which provides circuit knowledge, Dan did 200 laps in a day of Donington club in one pre-season test and never went any quicker later in the season.

So to conclude my argument a circuit rookie with lots of single seater miles to me is not a true rookie and to some extent the use of the word rookie when set against Josef did devalue some other competitors and also in the end had the unfortunate effect of devaluing the overall champion who was a very worthy winner, I dont think it really helped Josef as he was the first to admit he was not a rookie,

Anyway enough on that,after 32 years of buying Autosport I dont think it gives me a right to pressure the editorial team, actually thats an idea what about the odd guest editor there are plenty of people on this forum who might like a chance, I am sure Haymarket could stand a few libel actions!!!