View Single Post
Old 7 Mar 2012, 03:57 (Ref:3036312)   #1484
Oldtony
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast Australia
Oldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver 3 View Post
Part of my point was not being so hung up on "new" cars and take a more inclusory approach of competent cars and drivers and the event would get large grids.
Silver I thought the idea of the shift from Prodcars to GT3 was to inject an air of glamour.
Not sure that searching the back of used car lots for old high performance cars is where we will get entries that will achieve that purpose no matter what the name is on the badge.
I think the 130% rule is FIA specification for an International event, and it makes very good sense anyway. Perhaps it should apply on the base of the combined driver rule which is used to decide pole. That would probably see it based on something nearer to 2:07
OK let's have the Prodcars on slicks to make them both competitive and to avoid the line conflicts that are promoted by spec R tyres. That would probably, for practical purposes mean that Centrlock wheel conversions or other quick change ideas would have to be allowed. But that is another cost.
By the way, trying to decode Scudd's fastest lap from the lapchart. Anyone that can enlighten me. He certainly looked quick.