View Single Post
Old 20 Mar 2013, 03:38 (Ref:3221521)   #5
codename_47
Veteran

United Kingdom
Coventry/Birmingham
codename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcodename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The first ever drive through penalty in history and still one of the absolute most unjust ones....unbelievable, that race.

Then Micheal throws a chop at the next race, knocks off JPM's wing and...nothing.
So consistent. I'm surprised they didn't throw another DT at JPM for daring to race MS

Anyway, I digress.

There's another F1 Broadcasting thread elsewhere on the internet that does all this stuff but a lot better, I suggest you seek it out.

As for the actual coverage, I think we should take a step back and realise how lucky we are to have the choice in this sport.
Dedicated F1 fans can choose to pay to get all the races live, meanwhile equally-dedicated F1 fans with less disposable income can still watch all the races but just have to learn a bit of patience with half of them

I'm in the second bracket myself but ATM one of my favourite ways to watch the race is with F1InPubs in Birmingham city centre (it helps that I run it, but shhhhh not the point!) amid a crowd atmosphere, laugh, make jokes, debate, opinionate make friends etc with everyone there, then rush home and watch the race again on the BBC to absorb it more fully.
So even for those who can't afford Sky, there are ways to treat yourself to both broadcasters coverage.
And I feel lucky that I get that when I'm reading all over the internet that F1 is disappearing behind paywalls all over Europe....

So in short: you can debate the finer points of each broadcaster and get entrenched in your positions all you want, but sometimes we don't realise how lucky we are to be able to do that

(Also I think there's a side point that the sport as a whole is a lot more "Mainstream" than it was 10/20 years ago. I was the sole F1 fan in my year at school and I've never really had people coming up to me asking about results or how Hamilton/Button did until a few years ago.....F1 is bigger than it used to be, for sure )