View Single Post
Old 4 Oct 2017, 15:43 (Ref:3771791)   #8
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just seen that Ken Block has confirmed that the Ford Performance/Hoonigan team will not be back in the World Championship next year. I must confess I had been expecting Bakkerud and Block to be a lot more competitive this year, but I still think this is a real shame to see (perhaps an early clue that Ford will be putting their money into a WRC effort though?).

Does make you worry about the World grids next year though: if EKS and Peugeot do drop out then the entry lists could look very sparse.

Despite Marklund not being as challenged as much I would have liked, the Euros produced the best racing of 2017 in my personal opinion. OK, there was quite a bit of door banging on occasions, but the entries were excellent and guessing all the semi-finalists at each event has been a real lottery.

I agree that the Lites have been better this year with a few more entrants: though Raymond has rather run away with the Championship.

Not sure about the 3 round Touring Car Championship next year: think I'd have rather seem them get a full Championship or nothing at all, but I guess it's a measured way of phasing them out.

Last edited by tbtstt; 4 Oct 2017 at 15:52.