View Single Post
Old 23 Jun 2001, 10:16 (Ref:108556)   #8
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
About half of the time at our club's general meeting last week was devoted to a discussion on driving ettiquette and passing procedure. Because we have enormous diversity in our fuields there is a huge speed differential, but because our races are so short, nearly all of the incidents occur during the one, short qualifying session.

Qualifying exacerbates the problem because in a race everyone's on a hot lap, from start to finish, but in qualifying, people are flat out, cooling down or warming up and we're all spread out too. Interestingly, one of the most common complaints is the quick guys on a slow lap baulking the slow guys who are on a hot one.

I had to speak up to about people who just don't think. One example I gave was a chap who does the same times as me, when I was on a hot lap, he was exiting the pits and pulled straight in front of me and wanted to make a race of it????