Thread: Bathurst
View Single Post
Old 1 Apr 2000, 14:24 (Ref:2159)   #2
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
I agree that they should give the V8's back the long weekend...I dont have a problem with super tourers at all but their quest to have a 1000km race has totally failed with no international drivers of note showing up at all last year and having to boost the grid with new zealand cars..it just seems to be falling in a big hole.
Now channel 7 have got themselves into a mess with football and the olympics and they have to fit bathurst in there somewhere.

I would like to see 2 races up there because a race around Bathurst is awsome no matter what is racing but if the super tourers carnt fill the grida and the TV network unsure on what they are doing give it back to the V8's who are thriving at present with over subscribed grida and still enough cars to fill a 20 odd car privateer grid for the new "lites series"
It would be a shame for it not to be the finale but at least it would be back on its original and rightfull date and of course being a long weekend the fans will flock to it.

maybe they could run a 500km race for super tourers on the saturday but then the 3 hour GTP showdown would miss out I guess..tough decision coming up for channel 7 in the next few months but I feel they will dump the race as they havent shown any real interet for quite a few years now.