View Single Post
Old 28 Aug 2013, 16:02 (Ref:3295273)   #17
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
And what about Matt Hamilton? He was going to enter 2012 in an NGTC Skoda, but that has never happened.
Didn't get a headline sponsor to fund it, so got shelved. TH Motorsport were to build and run the car.

Quote:
Dave Pinkney was supposed to drive for Ron Austin full-time in 2011, but never even raced after car problems put him out of Brands, and he hasn't returned since. Mark Hazell was meant to run in Will Bratt's car in 2012, but similar problems put him out of Brands, and yet again Austin had another driver giving up on him.
Rob Austin you mean. Pinkney was disillusioned with driving standards the season before, and funding most of the RAR A4 build and getting an absolute dog of a car provided to him was the final straw in his BTCC career (for now). The car has improved a lot the last three seasons but I don't think he wanted to invest so much money without seeing a more immediate return, considering he'd bought race-ready TD Integra and 888 Vectra from the previous seasons.

I believe Mark Hazell got divorced and understandably that isn't a cheap process.

Quote:
Shaun Hollamby was planning on getting an NGTC-spec Vauxhall Astra for the end of this season.
They need a headline sponsor. Its not uncommon for plans to be announced in the hope it flushes out some interested backers.