View Single Post
Old 24 Mar 2017, 20:36 (Ref:3721272)   #17
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
I assume you are joking- LH said exactly what I would expect someone in his position to say.

If he had said the opposite- that Merc were odds on favourites to win the championship, and him the WDC, then I would have been far less impressed......

At least he'd be honest. That team have a habit of downplaying their speed. It's probably because they feel a little guilty about turning the sport into a snoozefest and want to give the fans some hope. But, it's lying.

Hamilton would have known how much they were sandbagging in the tests, and they know the speed Ferrari had because Vettel was only slowing over the line. Not hard to put together their real lap time from that.

It just annoys me that Lewis makes out that Ferrari are now #1 and there's going to be some competition, but day 1 out of the box the Mercedes is dominant as usual.

It's only early days though - perhaps there's a bit left in the Ferrari to find or they're not enjoying this track.