View Single Post
Old 28 Mar 2017, 08:35 (Ref:3722085)   #136
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
mceci1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Petch View Post
If you are referring to me as an "armchair expert" you could not be more wrong, I spend more time at the race track than most competitors. I own the new Smeg racing Audi R8 LMS car, part own the Smeg V8 Supertourer, run 30 Ssangyong utes for a very diverse range of drivers over 6 race meeting's, and also sit on the SOG's committee that organise's the Premier NZ Summer Series.

In between all that I own two GpA Historic cars including the John Bowe ex Australian Volvo Team car, which I ran for JB at Phillip Island 10 days ago. I also still drive myself in New Zealand historic events.

Oh and by the way SVG drove with Simon Evan's for just 3 V8ST Endurance races back in 2014.

I guess I should also declare that one of my companies Racer Products are also small personal sponsors of SVG, with his non RedBull OMP gear.

So what's your role in motor racing Mceci1?

I have family members that work in PRA. I have people I know who are working with Triple 8. I also have my uncle and his nephews who helped sponsor Matt Campbell as well. Matt Campbell I have no issue with an is a very nice person.

On top of this I have been talking with Craig, Lee Holdsworth and Chaz Mostert about a career in V8s as my current aim is to get in driving, if not join a team on an apprenticeship or something like that. My parents and their friends do racing regularly also.

I may be younger and I am not at all bringing age into this but I still have some knowledge, not everything about everyone. I have been told in the past information that hasn't been released to the media and wont.

On the point of SVG. People who honestly open there eyes will see what his attitude is like. Numerous times he has run into people in iracing, yes its a sim but that isn't the point when its intentional. Then we look at Melbourne, he was quick to have a go at Chaz. You are involved with Racing Mark, so when you have SVG turning down on you closing the gap what can you do. Yes racing incident, but Shanes comments were out of order. But no for everyone else who watch TV its blame the young gun for having ago, yet Shane can rotate Frosty like he did at Homebush and its not SVG at fault, its Frosty, or in 2015 its not SVG's fault its Courtneys. When in both instances SVG was in the wrong and clearly stuffed up.

I once supported him but since his Holden days he has gotten to cocky for his talent, yes he has a huge amount of it but his attitude to the fans isn't right. I am not a massive fan of Jamie, but for a 6 time champion, 100 race winner and 4 time Bathurst winner he is pretty modest, Craig Lowndes even more for what he has achieved which many would say he is the best of the modern era despite what the numbers say. You can be a 8 time champion, but if you don't have the respect of the public and competitors it means very little.