View Single Post
Old 4 Aug 2018, 12:18 (Ref:3841384)   #104
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I’ve seen a few big ones in person. I saw Soper’s career ending accident at Brands 01, Jordan’s big one at Silverstone 06 and was there when Collard had his big roll at Silverstone.
Two of the biggest I've seen in person were both at Donington, although they were both non-championship, TOCA Shoot-Outs.

First was Kieth O'dor putting the Primera over the fence in '92- I was on the infield, taking pics at the inside of Macleans, and saw the Nissan go off across the grass, but didn't see it actually go over or where it ended up as the bridge was in my line of sight- Walked back down thinking 'where's he gone?', then I saw where it had landed...

The next year, I was on the infield again, directly in line with the Old Hairpin when Mansell stuffed the Mondeo into Starkey's Bridge with a little help from Tiff Needell.

There was one at Brands as well, a multi-car shunt between the bottom of Paddock and Druids which caused the race to be stopped- 1996-ish?. Druids was my usual spot at Brands back then, although on this occasion we were just after the exit of the hairpin so didn't see much of how the incident actually kicked off

Last edited by KA; 4 Aug 2018 at 12:29.