View Single Post
Old 12 Oct 2003, 16:32 (Ref:748488)   #2
kartingdad
Veteran

kartingdad has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I was there and Diz is right.

Once you start introducing tyre choice, if you want to be competitive, you will have to ensure you have the optimum tyre for all conditions. As far as I understand, different tyres have different diameters, so to swap tyres, you will also have to swap ride hieghts, gear ratios blah de blah.

A lot of these changes seem to me to be to having spent a let the heavier Zetec cars get on the pace. Well I appreciate that having spent a few quid converting a car that wasn't built to the ff1600 regs comply, you'd want it to be invincible. But to try to get the regs changed is absolute farcical.

I am 100% behind evolution of regs in a sensible way, and yes, fine, run a 01'Swift by all means. But don't try and get the rules changed to disadvantage the 100's of competitors who are happy with the racing they have, and the traditions built up over decades just so you can run a 'hybrid' car.

As far as a Zetec car being too heavy, well thats nonsense as well as I understand it, a certain 01 Van Dieman is right on the weight limit anyway. Fantastic work and preparation. So no need to change the weight limit.

To add the equivalent of one and a half cylinder heads in weight to a non Zetec car is impractical and dangerous.

Blathering now, but I am sure you get my points!!