View Single Post
Old 31 Aug 2009, 20:27 (Ref:2532093)   #43
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thought this thread was about this forum and where it was going?

Why does it have to go anywhere? Its an open forum to discuss the various merits etc of Historic racing as it happens today. Its a pretty useful media for getting information on upcoming events and also provides 'insider' info on past meetings.

As to the actual racing................well, I think that we are lucky that there are series/championships to suit just about everyones pocket and also varying levels of 'modification'. I certainly could not afford to run my car in the supposedly more standard spec of App k racing whereas the CSCC with its' more open rules allows me to run cheaper off the shelf parts.

Its a shame that the 'top level' of the sport contains so many bent cars but rules breed cheaters and always has.

The one annoying thing I always get from this forum is that I always feel that those who compete in AppK (the supposedly top level) appear to regard those that don't as inferior or that we run 'Hot Rods' which are not true historic race cars.

Oh, and yes I'm talking about saloons because that is what I own. I would love a T70 and be able to talk about that but I'm just an average working guy with a mortgage and unless my numbers come up said T70 is but a dream.
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang