View Single Post
Old 18 Aug 2017, 18:12 (Ref:3760224)   #164
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
So, as I wasn't dreaming, I am pretty sure that the uncompetitiveness of the Toyota must be the reason that Ingram pulled away from the rest of the competitors after both of the safety cars in that race, and why Sheddon came second.
Ignores performance ballast, tyre choice, and the fastest laps and race dominance by the heaviest car on the hard tyre in race 2. And qualifying. And race 1.

FWD qualified 1-2-3-4-6-10.
Race 1 Finished 1-2-3-4-5-8
Race 2 finished 1-2-3-4-5
Race 3 finished 3-4-5-6

People are going to use the reverse grid race 3 as the example of how RWD cars aren't dominating a grid largely filled with FWD? Am I missing something here?

I don't have a problem with the best team building the best car, winning the most races. But BTCC doesn't operate like that - it has a BoP system. And if you operate a BoP style system, and you have a race weekend that is completely one-sided and have cars running in team formation, you arsed it up. This also applies if RWD cars can't get near the front. Although not why Jason Plato can't get near the front whilst Sutton is fighting for the title.

Last edited by Akrapovic; 18 Aug 2017 at 18:19.