Thread: Rules Future Rule Changes
View Single Post
Old 28 Jan 2019, 23:14 (Ref:3880300)   #3365
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
to be honest, im of a mind to think that if Merc dont like it im in favour of it.

but seriously i would like to see more cooperation between a manufacturer and their customer?

Ferrari should help Sauber and Haas more, RBR should help STR, Renault and Mclaren...actually these two well established and financed teams could really change the entire game if they could somehow came up with 4 world beating cars at the same time.

and frankly Merc should be doing more with Williams and FI/RP.

have seen the version of F1 where its a manu vs manu arms race, cost spiraling, and privateers failing to keep up...maybe its time to try another way. lets see what happens when they try cooperation instead of divide and conquer.
I hear what your saying, but what happens when "cooperation" really is "cooption" (i.e. assimilation) under the covers. When smaller teams effectively become dependent upon and subservient to the larger teams? Do we EVER think we will see a team use components from a larger team and use them better than the larger team and challenging them? Does this not just ensure that the smaller teams are grid fillers in a second tier? Providing the appearance of real competition so as to justify the existence of the larger teams and the series a whole?

Richard