View Single Post
Old 16 Sep 2017, 15:08 (Ref:3767423)   #354
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
I am not sure who ran into the Lambo. I also suspected it was Fassler. Anyhow, the one who did was allowed to do so by the stewards.

Bauman got penalised for running in the back of Frijns who then ran into the back of Bell.
Someone pushed Bortolotti around - also on the first lap - but that seems to be OK.

You could argue that both the Lamo and the Bentley lost time - instead of gaining time - by cutting that part of the chicane. The Bentley lost a position (or two, can't remember) because it had cars following.
Still, they committed the same crime and should receive the same penalty IMO.
Not that it would have mattered much for the result of the Bentley, but it at least have been consistent.

Consistency is what I have missed in the decision making of Blancpain this year.

I'm going to give the GT4 race a miss. I have some work to do and I would like to watch the WEC race later today.
(And the Blancpain sprint and F1 and Indycar tomorrow)