Old 15 Feb 2015, 16:44 (Ref:3505181)   #141
SKG
Racer

Wales
Mid-Wales
SKG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
I like a lot of what I see in this track design. It should offer a challenge for drivers, offer overtaking oppertunities and allow the spectator to see action on different parts of the track at the same time.

A change I would make to give the circuit operators more flexibility by allowing two circuits to run simultaneously is the following. Where the green/blue joins with the purple/orange circuits would be for a parallel link to run inside the current green/blue circuit. This could start at the second last corner before the two circuits join. It would then rejoin the blue circuit at the fifth last corner on the blue circuit.
Thanks for the suggestion. It is quite a lot of work to adapt these models once they get to this level of detail, so I usually don't implement the changes, but I do listen to them and try to use them to create better designs in the future.

Here is a new circuit. A while ago I designed a circuit inspired by Brazilian racetracks (http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...=128365&page=7, half way down the page) and I thought it was time to have another go.

The full circuit is a short one at 2.5km (without chicanes) and taking the shortcut reduces the track length to approx. 1.8km. The track has some questionable areas in terms of safety, in particular the final part of the lap, with little runoff at the fast turn 6, and the lack of infield barriers in the final sector. Many areas have been improved such as the new, wider pit exit, more run off at turns 1 and 2, and chicanes added to areas with less runoff. The paddock has no bridge or tunnel access, meaning the track must be crossed (a la Pembrey).

Any thoughts? Another new circuit is nearly ready and coming soon.
Attached Thumbnails
48 plan.png   48 1.jpg   48 3.jpg  

48 2.jpg   48 4.jpg   48 5.jpg