View Single Post
Old 27 Dec 2021, 17:15 (Ref:4091455)   #9
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
A few points to reply to the above -

-The Harewood site refers states BARC's position re EVs as being in common with 'almost all speed event organisers' .

- EVs are now common on our roads . The emergency services and breakdown services like the RAC are presumably comfortable in dealing with them . It's reasonable to assume that some knowledge transfer could occur to enable clubs to deal with them

- I have seen several EVs compete already, the first well over a decade ago . If they were really so dangerous I wonder why that was , or indeed why I can drive one past a school , to Tescos or in traffic .

- Motorsport will come under ever tighter scrutiny in the future, and if it can be seen to accommodate new technology as well as old that can only be to the good .That is why I think this issue is important . Sending out a message that EVs aren't welcome smacks of a sport resistant to change , and totally out of step with the fact that EVs are becoming the default mode of transport . Like most people of my age , I'd rather hear (say) a DFV or a Chevy smallblock to a Tesla whine , but that is not the point.