Thread: Autosport Show
View Single Post
Old 6 Jan 2011, 11:55 (Ref:2811870)   #38
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Autosport show isn't the greatest thing in the world, & I too prefer Race Retro, however Haymarket must be doing something right as plenty of "general public" attend and it must make money or Haymarket would not do it. I go because I live relatively locally, because I can meet people I know, & its the nearest to a motor racing fix that i can realistically get at this time of year.

OK, its a bit expensive (but cheaper than a Premiership Football Match) & you could always go with a few mates to share petrol & parking costs. Take your own sandwiches & flask if that's also a concern. I don't really understand why people are *****ing about the show - if you don't like it, don't go, but why tell everyone that you don't like it & you are not going to go?!

As for the quality of the goods on sale, then again, no one is making you buy stuff, but I have never yet failed to get a discount whether I was buying gloves, tyres, or a new seat and I enjoy browsing around the books & framed prints sections, which I probably wouldn't bother to do if I wasn't at the show.