Thread: Brabham BT 2
View Single Post
Old 8 May 2012, 20:44 (Ref:3071413)   #152
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Mussa View Post
Re-reading the Mike Lawrence book about Ron Tauranac I see that they never bothered too much about type numbers in the early days of MRD. Therefore it would be likely that chassis number FJ-1-63 just meant it was the first chassis Formula Junior built in 1963. If it is a BT2 type chassis instead of a BT6 type chassis, which has apparently been established by Ted Walker, then it seems to be an addition to “our” list of BT2 cars. These start at chassis FJ-2-62 and end at FJ-11-62 (10 cars) plus FJ-1-63 i.e. a total of 11 cars (plus the original MRD). This tallies with the count given in the Lawrence book (although he says 11 cars were "built in 1962").
For those of you who like to keep track of these cars, I am now the owner of chassis FJ-6-62 (ex-Olthoff etc.). – bought in July 2005 entirely thanks to this thread! At least Wayne got those photos he wanted!

I have now bought FJ-6-62 (ex-Olthoff and Mussa etc.).

Rudolf