View Single Post
Old 27 Jul 2015, 00:06 (Ref:3561450)   #21
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quite a tough one. Would have given it to Vettel pre-SC, but once the SC was out he was unable to gap Rosberg. Strange that, considering he pulled 27s over Rosberg up till the SC. I'd say he's very lucky Rosberg had no faith in his own ability and put the wrong tyres on.

Seb almost had 10sec over Kimi as well before he ran into issues, so I can't see how you can possibly give Kimi DOTR. The Ferrari's were on the same tyres.

Kyvat was just too slow in the first stint and a bit of a mobile chicane, the SC saved his race. Don't forget he was 85s behind Vettel before the SC.
Ricciardo too performed well, much faster than Kyvat, but was still 45s down on Vettel pre SC.

Really Vettel was the most deserving of winning this race, and that SC very nearly ruined it for him. In a way, if those tyres were 2sec a lap faster, plus Ricc had almost a brand new set he'd saved in quali, then he should have blown past Nico and Seb. His move on Nico wasn't exactly class, something you'd expect from Markelov or Maldonado.

Otherwise there's Alonso, I never thought we'd see a McLaren finish 5th this year. He did well, although the SC did help him too. And was he on the softer tyres for that last stint?

Verstappen was okay too, although RB/TR clearly suit this track.

Hamilton looked like an amateur out there, and so did Rosberg with his move on Ricciardo.

So maybe a draw between Vettel and Alonso.