View Single Post
Old 1 Feb 2016, 12:26 (Ref:3610494)   #157
ChrisChilcott
Rookie

Scotland
Aberdeen
ChrisChilcott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BT2 chassis history

In researching FJ-8-62 I have drawn up a spread sheet of all 1962 and early 63 BT2 appearances, with driver/entrant chassis no (where known) in an effort to unravel which car appeared where.
To aid identification I have used period magazines and photos plus some logic and a lot of help from Bryan Millar.
If anyone would like a copy (bear in mind this is still 'work in progress') let me know, however what I am really looking for is cockpit photos especially for early 62. I have the ones from March 27 Autosport, May 62 'Motor Racing' (BRSCC magazine) and the July Sports Car Graphic articles.
The early cars & works cars had a fuel pressure gauge, plus don't carry a chassis plate on the dash (Not really surprising as I think there would be more pressing priorities!). I have one photo from Ted the Ferret showing Frank Gardner's car (FJ- 2 or 3 or 8!) at Snetterton in early April, which I will try to upload (With Ted's permission of course)
Duncan R says FJ-2 was shipped to Australia as a kit.... but this seems to have completely disappeared.
FJ- 1 is now known to definitely be the Cunningham car.
My question is how to prove/disprove if Frank used FJ-3 for the early (April) races until Gavin Youl arrived, then build FJ-8 as the second 'works' car? or was FJ 8 the second car built but not given a chassis plate until its first overseas race at Monaco in early June, when it would need an identification for its carnet to cross France & return without paying taxes etc?