Thread: How to fix F1?
View Single Post
Old 2 Oct 2018, 00:25 (Ref:3853942)   #118
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I don't buy this line of reasoning. "More sporting" my ar*e.

The point in the 50s was for one driver to sacrifice points for another driver to gain them.

The point in 2018 is for one driver to sacrifice points for another driver to gain them.

The reason for doing it is the same, and the outcome is the same. It's just executed by a different person. If the reasoning is "race fixing", then the 50s version fits the definition of a race fix more than 2018 because it was an agreement between 2 competitors. If Liverpool threw a football match against Man Uted, nobody would say it's fine because they had some sort of bizarre sporting gentleman's agreement.

It's the same now as it has always been. If you hated it in 2018, then it's no good saying "it was better in the old days", because it wasn't. If you consider F1 broken now due to team orders, then it's always been broken due to team orders.
"More sporting" my ar*e?" Why then did Bottas ask the question about driver positions? He is either very naïve, or Mercedes are using him as Hamilton's rear gunner, or both.