Thread: How to fix F1?
View Single Post
Old 2 Oct 2018, 08:05 (Ref:3853983)   #122
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
"More sporting" my ar*e?" Why then did Bottas ask the question about driver positions? He is either very naïve, or Mercedes are using him as Hamilton's rear gunner, or both.
Bottas asking a question doesn't change how sporting or not sporting the decision is.

Bottas asked the question to make a point. He has to follow orders, he can't really say no otherwise Ocon, or whoever is next in the Mercedes revolving door of unused development drivers is, will take his seat. So he has to follow them without making too much fuss, but asking questions shows he's doing what he's told, but isn't happy.

The actual sporting side of things isn't changed by that radio call. The decision was still made for the same reason, with the same outcome.

I'm not saying I like team orders, or they're good or whatever, I'm just saying if you think this is any different to how F1 has ever been at any point, then you need to do some reading on history rather than assuming it fits your narrative of what the good old days were like. This is how it's always been. Whether or not it's time for that to change is open to discussion, but this isn't a new problem.