View Single Post
Old 30 Jul 2020, 09:08 (Ref:3991583)   #53
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS67 View Post
Which has far greater TV coverage, British GT/F3 or BTCC?
Which has far greater track side spectators British GT/F3 or BTCC?

In both cases the BTCC has a much higher profile and quite easy to see why it would be classified as Elite and be treated differently.
Why is there a thinking that TV coverage and spectator numbers is part of the decision for being an elite sport?

There are sports that have next to zero TV coverage in the UK, and have spectator figures in the hundreds that are 'elite' sports.