View Single Post
Old 30 Jul 2020, 10:31 (Ref:3991609)   #57
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS67 View Post
Probably because there is no other reason to suspend spectator attendance.
Think about it, you have an event that attracts approximately 30k spectators to each meeting, spectators travelling from all over the country. The tv coverage and attendance numbers, make it a high profile event. Being included as an Elite sport, is just a box to put it in to ban spectator attendance.
I also think that there is (probably) rightly a situation where 'the powers that be' want to set an example. I may be slightly biased due to my location, but although I do understand the real reason for putting Leicester back into lockdown, I also think it was used as an example/warning to other areas (basically) saying that if you don't follow the guidelines when we relax the restrictions and your infection rates rise, we will put you back into lockdown. With the BTCC being such a high profile championship, televised World-Wide maybe it was thought not a good example to show this with potentially loads of spectators there watching it? (I can hear the arguments now, "Well, if they'll let all of those people into Donington just to see a few cars driving around in circles, why can't I go and watch Leicester City?")