View Single Post
Old 30 Jul 2020, 10:49 (Ref:3991617)   #59
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS67 View Post
Common denominator, high profile event attracting spectators from all over the country. Spectator areas are confined at horse racing, you can't stand all round the course like you can at a race track. Have you seen how closely spectators stand to each other at Golf.
Have you seen how closely spectators stand to each other at a BTCC event?

A very small number of Horse Racing events would be considered high profile. Same with Golf. You're now saying it is not about the number of spectators, but being high profile with spectators from all over the country?

But - common denominator - spectators are not permitted at those events under current guidelines. So I'm still not seeing why MSV want to be treated differently?

The simple fact remains - certain sports in the UK have been classified as 'Elite', using a criteria that has been published by the Govt. That criteria makes no reference to spectators (either numbers of geographic dispersion), profile of the sport or concentration of viewing arrangements.
BTCC meets the criteria, and trying to class spectators as 'visitors to an outdoor facility' has not been able to get through a loophole.

MSV may be hoping to get a future BTCC event passed through as a pilot, but Snetterton is probably the most realistic chance of being the first MSV-hosted BTCC event with spectators this season.