View Single Post
Old 30 Jul 2020, 12:41 (Ref:3991642)   #62
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS67 View Post
But they have got through the loophole as they have already been holding race meetings without hindrance.
There wasn't a loophole to get through - because they weren't 'Elite' events.

It has nothing to do with the size, scale, quantity, geographical dispersion, or any other characteristic of the spectators.

If your sport is classified as Elite, then you are not allowed spectators until Phase 5. BTCC is classified as Elite - I can't imagine how the situation could be expressed any more clearly.

Comparison to any other Elite Sport will see that BTCC is being treated exactly the same. The exceptions are those who have worked with DCMS to host pilot events.