View Single Post
Old 30 Jul 2020, 13:11 (Ref:3991654)   #67
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Not sure why some people are so down on MSV, they try hard to get us some access to the BTCC but still people have a go at them, without companies running the circuits we would have very little motor racing, for those that never bother to actually go to motor racing that is probably not a concern, but for those that do, we want to start going again.
I think it is because some people have a concern over the spread of COVID-19, and are accepting that govt. requirements are in place to tackle this. The associated criticism of MSV is that they appear to have tried to circumvent this, or blatantly ignored it, in the hope of making a profit from ticket sales.

I wouldn't criticise them from a business perspective - their purpose is to make money. It's more about acting in a way that appears to increase the risk to Public Health, or bend rules to achieve their aims.

Take the reporter on ITV who explained a way to get around the Spain to UK travel restriction and avoid quarantine. He may have been explaining a situation that people would like to benefit from personally, but the general consensus seemed to be that it was just undermining the collective efforts to control the virus.