View Single Post
Old 30 Jul 2020, 14:40 (Ref:3991665)   #68
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS67 View Post
In almost 30yrs of going to BTCC races, I have never found the spectator areas tightly packed,
Hmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Having been to Donington, Croft and, most recently, Oulton, I'm afraid to say that this is just not the case. At all three circuits, my sons and family and I have been shoulder to shoulder with other spectators when spectating.

In addition, when going to the toilets or refreshment vans, you have to almost fight to make your way through the crowds.
Very much this - Brands has been rammed for the last few years at BTCC meets (so much so I only went on Saturday last year - Sundays just too busy). On the GP loop there's plenty of space once you're out in the woods but obviously you've got to get there via the busy spots and if they're on the Indy circuit then it's all busy. On the occasions I've been to Snetterton for BTCC that's also been tightly packed in a number of places.