View Single Post
Old 12 Sep 2007, 14:18 (Ref:2010191)   #173
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbg63
Just as a relevant aside, I was lucky enough to take my fiancee to Brands this weekend and she loved it and is already checking the diary / changing her shifts to accomodate what few events remain this year.

However, her comment was that she was "scared witless" when drivers assumed she was 'competent' because she was wearing orange. She said there should be a clear identifying mark for trainees to wear to enable drivers etc to recognise that she hasn't got the experience that others may have. This would make it clearly known that she may not be able to respond in the timescale that is desired by the person making the query. She suggested that a badge be developed which is clearly identifiable (maybe the Yellow box with a black cross in it). That way, when she's asked to remove a pin from an on-board fire extinguisher, the driver would know that she may not have a clue what he's talking about or how to do it. Her reply to the driver this weekend was "I don't know how to do it, but I know a man who does". Fortunately, this time, the driver was very patient and, to use her words, "nice and kind" and said thank you to her for sorting it out for him.

Would welcome anybody's comments on this idea.

Tel
We can barely get drivers to understand six flags so I suspect that complicating things this way might not have the desired effect.

Anyway, she did exactly what she should have done and I'm sure the man involved followed up with a bit of on the job training.

Regards

Jim