Thread: IMSA DPi Discussion
View Single Post
Old 21 Mar 2016, 21:04 (Ref:3625720)   #69
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I think manufacturers should spend a lil bit of their money to differentiate their cars. They have a spec tub to use, making bodywork for their car (read: engine) makes the car unique from a regular p2.

I really think p1-L rules would be better with guys like Rebellion and Kolles able to run what they have. The wec wants all hybrid in the top p1 class. But I foresee that changing to 'alternative technologies' like hydrogen fc's or even all electric.

Dpi should be a base for an equal but subclass in p1. I think manufacturers may show more willingness to dpi if it's opened up after a couple years. Right now dpi looks like a start to something that could be huge. But it could also go the other way with no growth thanks to things like bop and equivalence measures.