View Single Post
Old 28 Jul 2020, 18:24 (Ref:3991277)   #1822
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I wonder how much of the Gulf livery we’ll see if at all. Depends how much money they are pouring in

Next season will be all different, but with the switch to Mercedes there are a few questions to be answered. Who knows how this partnership will work?
If you check back a few posts, you'll see it's already been confirmed as logos on the engine covers and wing mirrors. So in answer to the question of how much of the Gulf livery we'll see - the answer is nil.

'Gulf branding will also appear on the engine covers and wing mirrors of the McLaren MCL35 race cars.'

They also tell you how the partnership will work in the article. It's a (very minor) amount of branding on the F1 cars, and is all focussed on the road-car division:
'“Every supercar will have Gulf fuel and lubricants when it leaves the McLaren Production Centre and I know our customers will be thrilled to be able to work with our in-house bespoke team on the option of being one of the few to be able to personalise their McLaren supercar in the iconic Gulf livery.”

Sometimes it really helps to read what has been published already - a lot of the wondering can be avoided in advance.

In summary - it's a partnership that makes Gulf lubricants and fuels the 'preferred option' in the road cars, and a couple of logos slapped onto a bit of spare space for the F1 team.