View Single Post
Old 20 Dec 2018, 02:23 (Ref:3871545)   #30
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjh8402 View Post
I should probably add an asterisk To my thoughts on the Fords dominance, Which is that if the class went on restricted, ford wouldn’t dominate for long. I think one reason Ford was comfortable using the V-6 is because they knew the car would “only“ be making around 500 horse power in race trim. The car was designed to be as fast as it could with that sort of power. They knew the V-6 could handle it and the engine’s compact design gave an aero advantage.

Take away the power restrictions and that V6 won’t cut it anymore. I imagine Ferrari would either boost the 488 way up (it’s already more powerful on the road than the Ford) or switch to the V12 812. Porsche would switch to the turbo engine from the 911 GT 2 RS, Chevrolet would probably tush turbo an LS7 or a 6.2, Aston Martin with switch to the DB 11 Turbo V 12...no manufacturer would sit idly by With a car that was designed and optimize around a different level of power and performance. There would be a mad expensive rush to redesign or introduce new cars tailored to the unrestricted rules. Like I said in my first comment, it would be like GT1 in the late 1990s.
Awesome?