Thread: Rovals
View Single Post
Old 18 Oct 2019, 05:11 (Ref:3935326)   #13
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
First look around the Las Vegas course. It's perhaps more open in some respects than I was worried it might be; however, at least preliminarily, they want the cars below the tri-oval banking by the start/finish line, which the drivers think won't help the racing.

SC365 articles are giving a marginally longer lap length than what was originally out there, with an increase to 2.51 miles around; I don't know how they're getting that the course only has 12 turns though.

Onboard:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUChsRkiKvs

I still think the chicane should have been left farther down toward Oval Turn 1, like how it was when the ALMS ran there.

As to next year's IGTC, hopefully they see fit to run the Indy layout that does include Oval Turn 1; since it's longer, and will be an endurance race, it would actually be a closer fit to the FIA's charts to run the longer configuration. Even then, it's still short of the technical minimum listed in Appendix O.