View Single Post
Old 28 Sep 2014, 15:54 (Ref:3458373)   #1
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mercedes 190E 2.3-16

Say hello to Merscabies. Not exactly concourse but probably one of the better examples still on the road, all be it with 20 owners (don't ask how, I haven't a clue) and 165,000 miles. She's been sat in my car port for a couple of months while I procrastinated over what to do with her after the back box fell off on my first proper trip.

Click image for larger version

Name:	007r.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	253.3 KB
ID:	43644

On Friday she went into Cheshire Classic Benz in Macclesfield. Had her up on the ramp and forgot to take any pics. The initial verdict is she's reasonably solid, just needs a bit of welding to the floor. MoT booked for Tuesday to get a fail list. Step 1 is fix that list. Step 2 is to decide how much more I should have done to give her a new lease of life. I have neither the tools nor the skills to do much if anything myself, but initial impressions of CC Benz are good so I'm happy to leave the old beast in their hands.

Once done, she'll be stored properly in a purpose built classic storage facility where I can take her out when I want without worrying about her rusting to bits on my drive.

Here's hoping that MoT fail list isn't too long...