View Single Post
Old 16 Apr 2019, 09:35 (Ref:3897924)   #531
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
All that happened was exactly the same as happened with darts. A good little sport with a small fanbase, it just had marketing money and tv thrown at it.

We ALL knew that was all that was needed to make it bigger than it was, it had never really had that.

Trouble with IMG is that they were not fans, they are about pforit, nothing more, so they did thigs real fans of the sport would perhaps think about.

It was sold, packaged, tracks removed, prices hiked, private teams that had been there decades dumped into a nothing series, support events not on tv.

these are all woeful decisions, and it has bitten them hard, and it's hilarious.

They ran before they could walk, and my point was, at the centre of it were people that had been involved for a very long time who just sat there, took the money and the glory.

Of course there are benefits, foolish to think not.

Are the tracks better? No, the drives were better, they are the same again now as it was before. The image is better. The marketing is better. Is the series better? I would hedge my bets to be honest. Do we really need a world series? no, because no one else really cares about RX like Europe.