View Single Post
Old 9 Mar 2016, 07:11 (Ref:3621440)   #18
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I knew there was something I missed out. Apologies folks, but I should have said that I had placed a capacity limit of 3.5 litres pre 1962 and 2.7 litres post 1962, so that would exclude Mustang fastback and E type. They have plenty of races elsewhere. I'm trying to give the 'littler' guys a chance; those that don't come out so often. I'll edit my first post to show capacity limits. The reason I have it as high as 3.5 is to see if I can get Celia or Ian to bring the Warwick GT out which I haven't seen for ages, so if anyone has their email addresses, please PM me.

The Elite is not a Fastback in my view, as the roof line does not slope back to the tail; more of a coupe really. Brian's Alfa is much more appropriate than the Elite in terms of looks and performance, however pretty the Elite also is. If we don't get quite enough entries, I'm more likely to look at few of the rarer open sports cars like Rob Cobden's Fairthorpe. I'm going for a certain genre and look here.

It is not my intention to upset anybody. I like all the cars I've mentioned above but excluded, as I'm sure you all know, but a lot of this is also around performance or at least perceived performance and you TVR 1800/Marcos 1800 guys do have a lot of competitive racing available to you.

Last edited by John Turner; 9 Mar 2016 at 07:16.
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!