View Single Post
Old 30 Jun 2016, 20:15 (Ref:3656008)   #60
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
For Oz, it's a temporary move. Always has been and my previous thoughts on street races apply. I get there's a presence of nationalities in the series, hence Brasil. Indycars no longer have the American household name, so I think there's more emphasis needing to be placed stateside, rather than abroad. Perhaps they can have success there and if it's good for the series, then they should go. I'd just prefer them cater to fans here, imho. So much so, the parking lot in Houston is ahead of Oz, in my book.

On Texas, they are currently served but dump the speedway for COTA, as much as I hate it. And Indycar should go there before it closes

Mid Atlantic? No clue. No way they can go at VIR and Dover would be bonkers. Charlotte is out of the question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
It was three spectators killed at Charlotte in 1999 by that flying wheel.

As for the third oval in that template, Atlanta was dropped after 2001, in no small part, I'm sure, due to that 12-car pile-up that injured three or four drivers. This should have also been a wake-up call that would have hopefully precluded what occurred at Las Vegas in 2011.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BW3MlDUq0CI
^This. I was at the AMS race and thoughts of 99 in Charlotte were in my head the whole time. Then the pileup occurred, where debris and large parts did make their way into the empty portions of the grandstands. Afterwards, we got to sit through 67 laps of caution and see Dr. Jack Miller air lifted from his final race. This and Vegas is why I have such disdain for those tracks and these cars.

Yet in 2016 , they continue to go to these types of tracks that have a history of being more dangerous than THE speedway.