Thread: Driver 2018 F1 team mate battles
View Single Post
Old 12 Apr 2018, 08:34 (Ref:3814972)   #64
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Wehrlein was much faster than Ericsson at the time of the switch, and with Vandoorne closing down on them there was a chance he would pass both Saubers. Ericsson is there to do a job for the team and the best chance of a point was with the faster car, ie Wehrlein.

Wehrlein was able to pull a couple of seconds clear of Ericsson, who crossed the line 0.2 ahead of Vandoorne who was half a second / lap faster. Marcus did what he is paid for, helped the team score a point.

That either of the Sauber's was in a points position was more due to others attrition than pace.

Unfortunately for Marcus, he is more remembered for incidents like when he (some said deliberately) drove into teamate Nasr at Monaco in 2016, resulting in a team DNF.
C'mon now E.B. Don't go shattering the dreams of the Ericsson fan girls. They are on a high at the moment. So much so you'd think Jesus has returned... as with comments such as "I’ve always believed in Marcus"
49 races in between scoring a single point and apparently the Messiah has returned the way the fan girls are carrying on!

Ericsson has at least lasted longer than Jorda did in F1 as a "driver". So comparing him to Jorda is unfair I must agree. He looks no where near as good in shorts as Jorda does though!