View Single Post
Old 24 Aug 2010, 20:04 (Ref:2749673)   #13
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
I believe that Ferrari already have an action for unfair and prejudicial action against the FIA, any further sanctions should just reinforce their case.
i think its terrible that it has gotten this far. on one hand we have a team which is in many ways bigger (or thinks it) than the sport and on the other a governing body that has no moral (and maybe even no legal) authority to hand out fines or punishments.

so for me the question becomes what authority does the FIA actually hold over the teams. Under Max, right or wrong, he made Mclaren accept their huge fine. insert your own feelings about spygate here but does anyone think Mclaren were in the wrong to the tune of 100mill? perhaps this fine could have been overturned or significantly reduced in a civil court, but Mclaren accepted the FIA's decision.

flash forward a couple of years to Ferrari's cheating with the use of team orders. so another case of "technically cheating" but something that everyone does. Ferrari have already received one fine for it but now stand to receive additional penalties.

granted these are very different situations but after how Mclaren got railroaded (while another team cheated and got nothing) i dont know if i could blame Ferrari for going outside the FIA structure. afterall it worked for Flav