View Single Post
Old 17 Mar 2019, 19:50 (Ref:3891408)   #276
RWDPAUL
Rookie

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
RWDPAUL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh hi Mike , I have seen some of your post in the forum , Top man for your reply to my questions etc . Yes I totally understand and agree with you , building something like this is a nightmare . The main reason why I've chucked a load of questions out there faily quick is it can cut down the amount of messages of what I intend to do although you can't beat a good old technical talk . That's good to know about Ben , I spanner for a guy who's doing Cadwell this year and it's not a million miles from me so I'll keep my eye out . Having said that I'm not the type of guy that would expect to just go up to him on a race weekend and start picking his brains as I don't think it's polite
I'll maybe meet a scrutineer there too . Yeah everything is a bit of a grey area with regs isn't it . My idea was that if the cage was bespoke and not an SD I would get some photos of the original cage ,if it looks a half decent design ( though I'm not expecting much from a car of that era ) do a cad drawing and send it to the fia for structural analysis . Then if it complys to the load test the cage design will get its own certificate . If not just add some additional bracing to the cad drawing till it passed . I'm doing that for my lads e36 M3 gtr with a space-frame back end . Race and rally regs can not always be the same as far as I know depending what series your running it's only when you get to international and fia regs that it gets a bit tricky . Eye the old suspension pick up points on the front struts won't be getting done unless the zakspeed cars had them and can prove it . Hey it's all good stuff isn't it . I'd like to keep the boot floor anyway as the shell still has the bolts braised into the floor . Well mike many thanks for your offer I may take you up on that one day . What have you done to yours regarding zakspeed mods ?