View Single Post
Old 30 May 2023, 19:50 (Ref:4158890)   #586
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post

There was a comment on the TV commentary that I caught which I think said for F1, cars entering a double yellow zone must drop to the pit limit. I didn't catch whether that was just for yesterday though.

I'm not sure it was the pit limt, but in VSC situations they were suggesting that on approach to the incident double waved yellows would be show and the cars were required to slow down from VSC speeds to something less... I don't think they actually said what. Then once passed the incident they were allowed to return to VSC speeds for the remainder of the lap.

I agree it wasn't made clear whether this is from now on or just being trialled at Monaco

Edit:

From the Monaco event's Race Directors Notes V2
Quote:
3.2 Double waved: Any driver passing through a double waved yellow marshalling sector must reduce speed significantly and be prepared to change direction or stop. In order for the stewards to be satisfied that any such driver has complied with these requirements, it must be clear that he has not attempted to set a meaningful lap time. Furthermore, during qualifying any driver in a double yellow sector will have that lap time cancelled.
3.3 Double Waved during VSC or SC: Any driver passing through a double waved yellow marshalling sector during a VSC or SC, in addition to the requirements in 3.2 above, must remain negative of the SECU delta time in the sector concerned.

Last edited by ScotsBrutesFan; 30 May 2023 at 19:58.