View Single Post
Old 25 Mar 2019, 05:44 (Ref:3893165)   #418
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Latest from CMMC- March update

"My apologies for what must seem a lack of communication recently but the last few weeks has been a challenging time for me.
Race Retro was hectic to say the least but well worth having a stand. We were able to release the Pre ’64 Series to the public and it was received well with extremely good feedback.
Soon after I decided to take some time off to recharge my batteries ready for the season ahead. Unfortunately it did not go to plan! During my first few days in Spain I struggled to get good internet connection which in turn kept ‘dropping’. Very frustrating and time consuming. Then on top of that, towards the end of my stay there, I developed a cough which became worse after my long flight to Florida. It is only now have I been really able to get back to motorsport activity.

Our Pre ’64 Series
I have been asked by several people how do they go about registering for the Series. First you have to be CMMC so just go to https://www.cmmotorsportclub.com/membership), download a form and where it states car details just add ‘I want to register for the Pre ’64 Series’, it’s as simple as that! We had thought about making a charge because we have to pay for trophies where the races are not part of CMMC organised Race Meetings but that may not now be necessary as we are very hopeful of having a sponsor.
Our first race is just 4 weeks away (April 20th) and part of the AMOC 50’s/Innes Ireland Trophy race at Donington. To get an entry form please go to: https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/d1949...a86c72579f.pdf
We need good support for this first race.

The Racing Ahead
Saturday April 6th - Silverstone (National)
We have 2 x 15 minute races for our 3 ‘southern’ Series. However any CMMC member who has a suitable tin top or saloon who would like to join in they can come on board in the ‘invitation’ class. The cost is just £310 but you will have to be quick. Just drop me an e-mail with short details of your car and I will pass it on to the respective Series Co-ordinator who will be back in touch with you.

Saturday April 27th/Sunday April 28th – Brands Hatch (Indy)
Again we have races for our 3 Southern Series over the two days at the MG Car Club Race Meeting. Saturday (27th) sees a 30 minute race for the Tin Tops whilst Sunday (28th) the usual 2 x 15 mins for Super Saloons/Intermarque. If any CMMC member has a suitable car we would be delighted to see them in the Ã*nvitation’ class.

Saturday May 25th/Sunday May 26th – Snetterton (300).
We have combined with the BRSCC to be able to give you suitable races over the weekend.
The 3 Southern Series have their races on the Sunday but we also hope to have races for our Pre ’64 Series and CMMC Classic Challenge on the Saturday whilst on the Sunday we hope to have the CMMC Modern Challenge together with a Sports Car v Saloon Challenge
More information to follow shortly.

Sunday June 16th will see our ever popular Mallory Park Classic and Modern Motorsport Festival.

Looking ahead to Cadwell Park on Sunday July 28th there will races to suit any kind of closed wheeled car with a special race (with prize money!) aptly called ‘King of Cadwell’ to see who is the fastest round Cadwell – Watch this space!!"