View Single Post
Old 12 Apr 2019, 16:26 (Ref:3897034)   #7
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
certainly things change and no one ever stays dominant forever so i see this period coming to an end. 5-6 year periods seem to be the norm or was for RB and Ferrari before them.

will they dominate again?

personally i hope the cost cutting/budget cap systems works and leads to a more competitive era where no one team dominates.

that said the Patriots are an interesting reference as they have created a dynasty during a period of salary caps and league parity, equalization of league revenues etc - making what the Pats do much more impressive.

but maybe bigger question is do Merc still fund/prioritize their F1 program at a maximum level after LH retires?

and at some point you think their budget priorities will shift to FE?

so another question is if there will be any point (mass marketing/mainstream/advanced technology) in dominating F1 in the mid to long term future?