View Single Post
Old 5 Sep 2017, 18:03 (Ref:3764777)   #29
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
And also, what are Honda looking for?
At the moment they supply a team and fund a driver.
Do they want more?
Do they only want to provide engines, or do they want a team?
Was the McLaren deal a route for them to bring future drivers into F1?
Have they given up trying to compete under current regs, but want a stake in controlling the next ones?
Good question as to what Honda wants. I think Honda first wants a lifebuoy to be tossed to them so they can remain in the sport. Based upon prior comments from Hasegawa, it sounds like its unlikely Honda wants to control a team right now. Maybe later. So I would put their list at...

1. Stay in F1
2. Success with the engine
3. Full return as team owner.

With each stage contingent upon the success of the previous. I wouldn't put them buying into a partial stake in TR being out of the question, but I would be shocked if they were to fully take over the team at this point. I have no clue if Honda wants to push specific drivers or not.

Richard