View Single Post
Old 14 May 2017, 13:20 (Ref:3733393)   #9
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyM View Post
I've watched for just over half an hour and in that time period, there have been two FCY for them. There was also an earlier FCY not sure why.

As I write this 1:40 in, six LMP3s are behind the entire GTE-Am field…
The GTE Am field is a pretty high standard. The LMP3 isn't. There was one additional FCY you didn't see which was LMP3s into Ascari. Outside of those incidents, there's been very few and most are actually LMP2s that have been off. The yellow banana mobile, Tockwith and a few others have had offs that came very close to FCY. I don't see the problem with a handful of LMP3 from the huge class being behind the lower class, especially it they aren't dangerous. It wasn't that long ago that LMP675 couldn't even best the GT Classes at Le Mans, and that class was more mature than the LMP3s. And the LMP3 performance difference to GTE isn't that big - ask our resident Mike about the problems that caused the GTE drivers.

Almost 2 hours in, I think we've had 3 FCY, each one 5-10 minutes long. We've lost 15-30 min of 115 minutes to FCY. That's pretty good given around 75% of this field is amateur. Standard seems high enough. I've seen worse WEC and IMSA races.