View Single Post
Old 29 May 2018, 12:32 (Ref:3825437)   #178
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
the old adjustment process you refer to was done on a lap time calculation. they ditched that. it’s now done purely on an engine performance basis and disregards the lap times. the regulations now state there will be no race by race boost calculation.
Yes - the race by race basis was ditched, but they still carry out adjustments on a car/engine combination, not engine in isolation.

If you check my post back, you will see that I quoted the 2015 regulations, which was after the rolling adjustment system was dropped, and included a mid-season adjustment after R9. This was by car, not by engine. And they still carry this through to 2018, just without a specific point in the season when/if they will make a review.

If the Astra is seen to be 'too good', then the organisers can make a car/engine adjustment.

Since the introduction of the NGTC engine regulations, each engine type is given a 'base' boost level, which is then subject to car specific adjustments based on its performance once fitted - so different teams on the grid all running TOCA engines have differing boost levels.