View Single Post
Old 8 Dec 2018, 14:11 (Ref:3868741)   #67
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Because the wec is selfish and imo rightly so. None of the lmp1 guys would stay in the wec if they could much more easily go for wins in AsLMS with their cars. But would they be invited to Le Mans? And if they were would it even matter because their pace wouldn't be compared to Toyota during the season but instead to each other. Toyota is the benchmark so competing against them for the sake of making your car faster or having the ACO help with that is another reason to run the wec and not a 'local' series.
I am still willing to hold on to my (now very old) view that truly healthy customer market cannot exist for too long if it's able to run in just a single series. Both previous-gen LMP1 and GT1 essentially died off in numbers after they were cornered off. And after the launch of LMGTP where they are once again no longer able to even theoretically win overall in Le Mans (c'mon we know that's what's gonna happen if multiple OEMs come abroad) that's gonna be even more the case.

Anyway, as I said on my first post, "after they are killed off from WEC in 2021"... what harm could there possible be if the 'obsolete' cars were in regional series at that stage?

Last edited by Deleted; 8 Dec 2018 at 14:17.